Regardless of your relationship status on Valentines’ Day, you can have an incredible impact on someone’s life in our community—and possibly save a life — by donating blood or by becoming part of the bone marrow registry.
Cure 4 The Kids Foundation is well aware of the national shortage of blood and platelets, and how vital a reliable blood supply is to the on-going health of our community. That’s why Cure 4 The Kids Foundation is organizing the Valentine’s Day Blood Drive and Bone Marrow Registry Event on Friday, February 14, 2020.
The public is strongly encouraged to take part in either effort between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at One Breakthrough Way, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135.
You can also schedule an appointment by calling Vitalant at 877-25-VITAL. The Vitalant bloodmobile will be parked in front of the One Breakthrough Way building.
Blood Donation Reminders:
- Blood donors must be at least 16 years old (16 and 17-year olds must bring a signed permission form from a parent or guardian)
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Be in good general health
- Drink plenty of water 24 to 48 hours prior to donation
- Bring ID
Cure 4 The Kids Foundation is also partnering with the Be The Match Registry®. The registry offers hope to those affected by cancer and other conditions by matching potential blood stem cell donors with those who are in need of a transplant.
The first step in joining the registry is to undergo a mouth swab by one of our volunteers. Those who are a possible match will be contacted at a later time. This service is free and available between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on February 14, 2020, in the lobby of the One Breakthrough Way building.
Bone Marrow Registry Reminders:
- Donors between 18 and 44 years of age are especially needed
- You cannot become a donor if you had have certain diseases
- Learn more at join.bethematch.org