It’s back-to-school time and the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®, in partnership with Nevada Health Centers, is holding a Dental Care Fair (appointments necessary) and no cost vision screenings (walk-ins only; see times below). Interactive nutrition workshops will be provided to dental patients as well. The Smarts & Smiles Dental Care Fair takes place at the Ronald McDonald House® of Greater Las Vegas.
- Dental services are provided to insured and uninsured patients, regardless of ability to pay.
- Dental services are for ages 3-21 Monday, July 29th – Thursday August 1st from 7:30am to 5:30pm by appointment only. Nevada Health Centers accepts most dental insurance plans, Medicaid, and Nevada Check Up.
A sliding fee scale is available for those who apply and qualify. Call (775) 738-5850 to schedule an appointment.
- Vision screenings for all ages (walk-ins only) Monday, July 29nd & Wednesday July 31st: 8am-12pm, Tuesday, July 30th & Thursday, August 1st: 1pm-5pm
- Interactive nutrition workshop with tote of produce, provided by UMC Children’s Hospital – for dental patients only
- Backpacks filled with school supplies – for dental patients only Ronald McDonald House Charities is also excited to partner with program sponsor, Speedway Children’s Charities!
“It breaks your heart to think of these little ones sitting in the classroom with a really bad toothache,” said Alyson McCarthy, Chief Executive Officer of Ronald McDonald House Charities. “The Care Mobile is here to make sure these children whose families cannot afford dental care have healthy mouths and beautiful smiles before the school year starts again.”
Click here to learn more about Ronald McDonald House Charities.